1. Choose a character race.
2. Choose a class.
- Thief (Fast)
- Fighter (Strong)
- Mage (Smart)
- Druid (Virtuous)
3. Assign attributes.
(Use values 3, 2, 1, 1.)
- Power – physical and mental strength.
- Aspect – social grace and charm.
- Intelligence – mental acuity.
- Reflex – dexterity, speed, and reaction.
4. Choose weapons.
Most classes begin with two, and and are proficient in one, gaining a +1 to attack.
- Lightweight (LW) – daggers, knives, handguns.
- Mediumweight (MW) – swords, axes, bows, small shields, rifles.
- Heavyweight (HW) – broadswords, battle axes, large shields, gatling guns.
- Two-handed Heavyweight (2HW) – war hammers, two-headed axes, war spears – may deal extra damage on high attack rolls (ATK).
5. Assign hit points (HP) and power points (PP).
Divide 10 points between:
- HP – amount of damage one can
suffer before dying.
- PP – adds +1 to any roll.
6. Record toughness.
Toughness is determined by a character’s class.
- Toughness (T) – physical resistance to damage (DAM).
7. Create a background.